Honolua Surf Co.'s Watermen competing around the islands of Hawaii
Saturday, July 27th, 2013
Honolua Surf Co.’s Watermen will be competing around the islands of Hawaii this weekend!
Bonga Perkins is currently on Oahu competing in the China Uemura & 88 Tees 29th Annual Longboard Surfing Classic at Kuhio Beach, Waikiki. Competitors from Florida, Brazil, Australia, Japan and as far as Africa will be present for the non-profit charitable event.
Bonga won't stop there: He'll go on to compete in the renowned Molokai-2-Oahu race on Sunday. This event has been dubbed the most challenging paddleboard race and will be stacked with Honolua Surf Co. talent. Like Perkins: Buzzy Kerbox and Archie Kalepa, (alongside Aaron Napolean) will be competing as a 3-person team in the SUP 32 mile race from Molokai to Oahu. Starting location early Sunday morning will be from the Kalua Koi Beach Area, and the top finishers are estimated to arrive at the Maunalua Bay Beach Park Bath House on Oahu around 11:30 am. Make it out if you can and cheer on these gifted watermen and women as they give it their all.
Best of luck, boys!
July 28th: Race Day
- 6:45 AM Pre-race Pule’ (Hawaiian Prayer)
- 7:30 AM SOLO and Team Paddleboard Division Start
- 8:00 AM SOLO and Team SUP Division Start
*The Awards Party is FREE for paddlers, guests are $30 each (dinner includes 2 Kona Brewing Drafts). Tickets will be distributed at the awards night. All Paddlers will be given a ticket. TICKETS ARE SOLD OUT for the AWARDS NIGHT.
Event info from: http://www.molokai2oahu.com/event-info/event-schedule/
- 10:00 AM Event Expo Opens on Oahu
- 11:30 Top Finishers expected at finish line
- 12:00 PM Lunch Service Begins
- 2:00 PM Elite Winners Presentation (Media Event)
- 4:00 PM Expo Closes/Lunch Service Closes
- 6:00 PM Awards Party at Outrigger Canoe Club* Awards and Entertainment The event is SOLD OUT as of 7/19/2013.